Instructions on how to enter and win prizes form part of these conditions of entry.
Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptable of the terms and conditions of entry.
The promotion is open to all South Australian residents aged 25 years and over.
To enter applicants must enter via the competition application. Winners are picked at random with an online generator.
- Entrants must be a fan of Adelaide Festival’s Facebook page to be eligible to win.
- The winner(s) must agree to provide a 25-word summary of their BMW experience for the information of the Mount Barker District Council (official sponsor of the Adelaide Festival) for use in a media article(s). No publication of any media article(s) will occur without the express permission of the winner(s) and there is no obligation for the winner(s) to provide photographs to accompany their 25-word contribution.
- The winners of this competition will be chosen at random. Entrants will be asked for their full name, email address and contact phone number upon winning - this will be provided to Adelaide Festival Corporation, PO Box 8221, Station Arcade, Adelaide SA, 5000.
- Maximum of one (1) entry allowed per person.
- The Promoter acknowledges that this promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- Entrants must be willing to have their name published on Adelaide Festival’s Facebook page.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any late, lost, misdirected entries, or incomplete or incorrect entrant’s contact details. Incomplete, illegible, incorrect and incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid and will not be included in the judging. All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the promotional database NOT the time of transmission by the entrant.
- Each prize giveaway and draw is to be run at the discretion of those managing Adelaide Festival’s Facebook page. This includes competition start and winner draw times.
- Prize Description:
- a BMW rental from Friday 6th March 2020 (pick up at 4:30pm from Adelaide BMW) to Tuesday 10th March 2020. Exact model of rental to be confirmed by Adelaide BMW upon collection.
- two (2) tickets to Chamber Landscapes 2020: Composer & Citizen 1 at UKARIA Cultural Centre at 2:30pm on Saturday 7 March 2020; two (2) tickets to Chamber Landscapes 2020: Siobhan Stagg in Recital at UKARIA Cultural Centre at 5:00pm on Saturday 7 March 2020; post-show three course dinner for two (2) people
- one night accommodation at the Manna of Hahndorf on Saturday 7 March 2020
- All prizes/packages must be taken as offered. The prize/package, or any unused portion of the prize/ package, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed as cash. The prize/package is not valid in conjunction with any other offer. The prize/ package is valued in $600 Australian dollars, is provided by the service providers and is correct at time of publishing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize/package value. Finalists/winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings/packages and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize/package.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner warrants to the Promoter that they understand that any arrangement entered into in relation to the redemption of this prize does not create a relationship between the winner and the Promoter of employer and employee, principal and agent, partnership or joint venture.
- Entries not completed in accordance with the rules and conditions or received after the closing date will not be considered valid and will not be included in the draw. Indecipherable or incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction(whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these conditions of entry; (e)any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; (f) redemption of the prize; and/or (g) participation in the promotion.
- Each Entrant and the Promoter both wholly releases Facebook from all liability except that which cannot be excluded by law (including negligence) for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter. Entries will not be returned to any entrant. As a condition of entering into this promotion, entrants agree to assign all of their rights, title and interest in and to their entry to the Promoter. The entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter against all claims and costs by third parties arising from a breach of the warranty set out in this condition. The Promoter is entitled to use any of the entries submitted for any purposes at its discretion, including for any future promotion, marketing and publicity purposes.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right (subject to reference to all relevant state and territory regulations), to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
- If, for any reason, this competition is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter. The collection, and disclosure of personal information provided in connection with this competition is governed by the Privacy Notice.
- The Promoter is Adelaide Festival Corporation, PO Box 8221, Station Arcade, Adelaide SA, 5000.
- The winner will be notified by email or phone call on Monday 24 February 2020.
BMW RENTAL CONDITIONS
- The Winner shall not lend, sell or encumber the Vehicle to any person or entity for any purpose whatsoever.
- Use of the Vehicle shall be from 4.00pm Friday to 10.00am Monday.
- To qualify for the prize the Winner must be 25 years of age or older and must hold a valid, current and appropriate South Australian Motor Vehicle licence.
- The Winner shall not allow any person to drive the Vehicle, other than a person authorised in writing by Adelaide BMW.
- Adelaide BMW may at any time require the immediate return of the Vehicle by the Winner without cause or reason.
- The Winner shall return the Vehicle to Adelaide BMW on the day as specified in the schedule herein, in same condition as the Vehicle was provided as described in the vehicle condition report annexed hereto.
- No food or drink is to be consumed in the Vehicle.
- The Winner agrees that the Vehicle is in the same condition as described in the vehicle report attached.
- If it is deemed by Adelaide BMW that the Vehicle has been returned with excess dirt, stains or damage to the interior or exterior, or that the vehicle has suffered any mechanical or electronic damage whilst in the care, control and use of the Winner, the Winner will be responsible for the payment of all costs incurred in cleaning or repairing the Vehicle
- The Winner shall indemnify and keep Adelaide BMW indemnified for any loss or damage whatsoever caused by the Winner or the Winner’s use of the Vehicle hereunder howsoever caused to the Vehicle whilst it is in the Winner’s care, control or use.
- The Winner shall be accountable for the $500 excess, payable under Adelaide BMW’s Policy of insurance in the event Adelaide BMW shall have cause to make any claim upon its insurance cover over the vehicle as a consequence of the Winner’s use hereunder.
- The Winner shall not drive the Vehicle whilst under the influence of alcohol or any drug or other intoxicating substance.
- The Winner shall not use the Vehicle for:
- any race, contest or illegal purpose;
- to convey passengers or goods for hire or renewal;
- to convey any load other than an appropriately sized personal luggage;
- The Winner shall indemnify Adelaide BMW for any fines or penalties whatsoever or howsoever incurred whilst the Vehicle is in the care, control or use of the winner.
- The Winner shall not travel a distance greater than 200 (TWO HUNDRED) kilometres in the vehicle. If the Winner exceeds this limit the winner shall pay $1.00 per kilometre travelled in excess of 200 kilometres.