December 19, 2020
Adelaide Writers Week streaming into libraries
Thanks to Office for Ageing Well and Seniors Card we are able to live stream Writers’ Week East Stage sessions across four days for those who can’t join us in the Garden.
WHO CAN ACCESS THE LIVE STREAMING?
Live streaming is open to libraries, schools, aged care facilities and retirement villages across the State.
WHICH SESSIONS ARE AVAILABLE FOR LIVE STREAMING?
All sessions from the East Stage, from Monday 1 to Thursday 4 March. The schedule of the streamed sessions will be available with the launch of the full program, in late January.
HOW DO I KNOW IF MY LOCAL LIBRARY/COMMUNITY CENTRE WILL LIVE STREAM?
These participating venues will be open to public while streaming the Adelaide Writers' Week sessions in March. If your local library/community centre is not in the list, chat to the staff: they may not know this option is available, and they may want to sign up!
- Acacia Park Villages
- Aldinga Library
- Ashbrook Apartments
- Avista Glenelg
- Barmera Library
- Barossa Council Public Library
- Blackwood Library
- Brighton Dunes Retirement Village
- Brighton Library
- Burnside Library
- City Library
- Clarence Park Community Centre
- Clare and Gilbert Valleys Library Service
- Coober Pedy School Community Library
- Cove Civic Centre
- Coventry Library
- Findon Library
- Fullarton Park Community Centre
- Gawler Public Library
- Glenelg Library
- Goodwood Community Centre
- Goolwa Library
- Henley Library
- Hub Library - Onkaparinga
- Kalyra Bellevue Heights Village
- Kangaroo Island Council Community Centre
- Light and Regional Public Library Service
- Living Choice Fullarton
- Loxton Library & Visitor Centre
- Millicent Public Library
- Mitcham Library
- Moonta Community Library
- Mount Gambier Library
- Murray Bridge Library
- Netley Grove
- Noarlunga Library
- Norfolk Estate
- Park Holme Library
- Pasadena Village
- Payneham Library
- Penola School Community Library
- Plympton Mews
- Port Broughton School and Community Library
- Port Pirie Library
- Prospect Library
- Seaford Library
- State Library of South Australia
- Stirling Library
- St Peters Library
- Tea Tree Gully Library
- The Summit Community Centre
- The Parks Lifestyle Retirement Village
- Torrens Valley Community Centre
- U City Retirement Residences
- Unley Community Centre
- Vailima Gardens Retirement Village
- Victoria Grove Estate
- Victor Harbor Library
- Walkerville Library
- West Torrens Library Service
- Willunga Library
- Woodcroft Library
- Woodside Library
- Woodville Library
- Yankalilla Library
This list is updated as of 14 January 2021.
WHAT TIME WILL MY VENUE OPEN/CLOSE ON STREAMING DAYS?
Participating venues have different opening and closing times that may affect their ability to stream all sessions offered by Writers' Week. Get in touch with your local library to double check.
I MANAGE A LIBRARY/COMMUNITY CENTRE/SCHOOL/RETIREMENT VILLAGE AND I WOULD LIKE TO LIVE STREAM ADELAIDE WRITERS' WEEK IN MY FACILITY. HOW DO I SIGN UP? ARE THERE ANY SPECIFIC TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS?
To register your interest, please email Kvitka Becker on firstname.lastname@example.org. All the facility needs is broadband access and the technology to present the live streaming: a computer connected to a tv or a projector.