December 19, 2020
Adelaide Writers' Week streaming into libraries
Thanks to Office for Ageing Well and Seniors Card we are able to live stream Writers’ Week East Stage sessions across four days for those who can’t join us in the Garden.
WHO CAN ACCESS THE LIVE STREAMING?
Live streaming is available to libraries, schools, aged care facilities, retirement villages and medi-hotels across the State. You are welcome to join the streaming in the venues below that are open to public (please contact each specific venue for details), but if you want to stream from your own home, we invite you to check out the program of our Curated Dozen.
WHICH SESSIONS ARE AVAILABLE FOR LIVE STREAMING?
All sessions from the East Stage, from Monday 1 to Thursday 4 March. Click here to view the schedule of the streamed sessions.
HOW DO I KNOW IF MY LOCAL LIBRARY/COMMUNITY CENTRE WILL LIVE STREAM?
These participating venues will be open to public while streaming the Adelaide Writers' Week sessions in March. If your local library/community centre is not in the list, chat to the staff: they may not know this option is available, and they may want to sign up!
- Acacia Park Villages
- Aldinga Library
- Ashbrook Apartments
- Avista Glenelg
- Barmera Library
- Barossa Council Public Library
- Brighton Dunes Retirement Village
- Brighton Library
- Burnside Library
- Campbelltown City Council Library
- City Library
- Clarence Park Community Centre
- Clare and Gilbert Valleys Library Service
- Coober Pedy School Community Library
- Cove Civic Centre
- Coventry Library
- Findon Library
- Fullarton Park Community Centre
- Gawler Public Library
- Glenelg Library
- Goolwa Library
- Henley Library
- Hub Library - Onkaparinga
- Kalyra Bellevue Heights Village
- Kangaroo Island Council Community Centre
- Light and Regional Public Library Service
- Living Choice Fullarton
- Loxton Library & Visitor Centre
- Millicent Public Library
- Mitcham Library
- Moonta Community Library
- Mount Barker Community Library
- Mount Gambier Library
- Murray Bridge Library
- Netley Grove
- Noarlunga Library
- Norfolk Estate
- Park Holme Library
- Pasadena Village
- Payneham Library
- Penola School Community Library
- Plympton Mews
- Port Broughton School and Community Library
- Port Pirie Library
- Prospect Library
- Seaford Library
- Stirling Library
- St Peters Library
- Tea Tree Gully Library
- The Summit Community Centre
- The Parks Lifestyle Retirement Village
- Torrens Valley Community Centre
- U City Retirement Residences
- Unley Community Centre
- Unley Library
- Vailima Gardens Retirement Village
- Victoria Grove Estate
- Victor Harbor Library
- Walkerville Library
- West Torrens Library Service
- Woodcroft Library
- Woodside Library
- Woodville Library
- Yankalilla Library
This list was updated on 14 January 2021.
WHAT TIME WILL MY VENUE OPEN/CLOSE ON STREAMING DAYS?
Participating venues have different opening and closing times that may affect their ability to stream all sessions offered by Writers' Week. Get in touch with your local library to double check.
I MANAGE A LIBRARY/COMMUNITY CENTRE/SCHOOL/RETIREMENT VILLAGE AND I WOULD LIKE TO LIVE STREAM ADELAIDE WRITERS' WEEK IN MY FACILITY. HOW DO I SIGN UP? ARE THERE ANY SPECIFIC TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS?
To register your interest, please email Kvitka Becker on firstname.lastname@example.org. All the facility needs is broadband access and the technology to present the live streaming: a computer connected to a tv or a projector.