The Writers Week Donor Circle, also known as The Literati, will come together to support three main aspects of the Adelaide Writers’ Week.
Provide funding for the attendance of an international author
It costs on average $10,000 to bring a world-renowned author to Adelaide to be present at Writers Week. With Government support shrinking and running costs increasing, the need for your philanthropic support is more important than ever.
Encourage Young Readers
Adelaide Writers’ Week is committed to young readers through its Kids’ Day and focus on Young Adult (YA) Fiction. As well as its focus on stories and writing, the program for junior readers includes immersive activities in publishing and printing. The Story Tent program includes performance-based storytelling alongside authors and illustrators who share their work with children aged 1 – 11 years old and special guests who read their favourite children’s story. The YA Day, introduced in 2019, caters for the burgeoning “tween” and teen readership, and also features the passionate spoken-word performance platform, Hear Me Roar.
Keep It Free!
Adelaide Writers' Week is one of the few free literary festivals anywhere in the world. Adelaide Festival is particularly proud of this but, with a budget of over $1.3 million to raise annually, it is increasingly difficult to resist the pressure to charge for access to the Gardens. Our commitment is to maintain this level of access for the future. Your support will help us build on the unique tradition that sets Writers' Week apart and makes it one of the most beloved events on our community’s calendar.
- $10,000 will get an International author to come to Adelaide Writers' Week
- $5000 will help us keep the Gardens open in the evening – including extra lighting – and make the Twilight Talks possible
- $2000 will pay for a Stage Manager to run the West Stage so efficiently, keeping us to our tight schedule
- $1000 will bring a Story Trove story to life through imaginative play, improvisation and sound, inspiring and surprising children of all ages
- $500 will pay for one Chair to expertly wrangle conversations
Every contribution over $2 to The Literati is fully tax deductible.
To join the circle and support Adelaide Writers' Week with a donation, download the form.
For more information please contact Bernadette Woods, Philanthropy Manager, on email@example.com or 08 8216 4478.